Wednesday 30 November 2016

Holidays are coming and my mind flies to home

Hello my dear reader, welcome back to my corner.
Since the date I have opened this blog, it has become a small corner of my heart, where I can be free, free with my thoughts (because I share it to my readers ) and free of my emotions.
Today my mood is nostalgic and I just have gone back to home (I mean with mind). As we see the autumn is almost finished and here it comes December with winter mood and of course Holidays.
Christmas holidays are the most expected and favorite time for me started from my childhood.
The colors, the lights, candles and gifts, everything seems so magical. Its kind of fairytale for me, and even if I am not child anymore. I still believe in magic of christmas night and of course in New Year too. Though this would be my fourth years of new year and christmas celebration here in India, however I can not adopt myself with the way it is done here. I do decoration of my home, try to make an environment where I will be able to feel the "smell" of new year, but unfortunately it's not the same. Four years I am telling to myself that "its ok, I will do the same as we were doing in Armenia" but whatever I will not do, as much hard I will not try I will not have the same feeling as I had it in Armenia.
May be this is the effect of motherland?
This is one of the hardiest time when I really want to be back at my home... my sweet home.
 Where my mother will make an armenian "gata" and the smell will creep out from building,


from other side she will be making armenian grape leaves Dolma (the tastiest dish which one can have).

There I will do my home decoration, make christmas cookies, cakes, salads, run to the market to buy new christmas balls, gifts

 and be extremely tired but not sleepy and wait till last bell will ring and champagne glasses will make a cheers, and I will drink my glass of champagne with a beautiful desire in my mind and smile in my face.

This would be my most wanted and enjoyed christmas and new year celebration.
By living far from my country I understood one thing, it doesnt matter how long you will live in abroad, you will never become a citizen of different nation by heart. We have come this world with one nationality and will go with one in heart, doesn't matter how many countries we will travel, how many Green and OCI cards we will hold, by heart we will stay with nationality which we have born .

May be I like India, as every country this country also has its own positive and negative aspects. But just only one duduk song is enough to bring tears on my eyes. Just one world about Armenia, and my mind will fly back to the broken roads of my small city Martuni, and even though it's not the best country to live,  whatever... it's my country.
Out of Armenia I always have a feeling, that I am here temporary and one day I will definitely be back.
The misfortune of Armenian nation is that we are not happy in our country, but we are not happy even in abroad.
When we grow up we want to explore the world, go everywhere, see everything. it seems the world is so beautiful. And yeah it is, but the best place always stay our home, the home where our parents live and where our childhood has passed.
Notting can be compared with the peace and harmony, with the energy, which hearth offers.


Appreciate your time with your parents at home


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, good to see that people are using blogs to express themselves. I am going to bookmark your blog to read more such posts. Thank you for sharing it with us and keep posting more such posts

    ReplyDelete