Saturday 8 April 2017

Back to the Memories

Hello my reader. It has been long time I have not written anything in my blog. There were lot of things  going on in my life, so I was not able to concentrate on writing a new post for my blog. When my mind is busy with something, I can not work on some other things. So I need to be calm and concentrate to my work properly.

Yesterday was very special day, in Armenia we celebrate it as a Mother's Day. But I personally believe that, even whole calendar is not enough to  dedicate it mothers. They are such a creatures of God, about whom we can talk every day and there will be always something untold.
Mothers are God's gift to us, and even though I am not mother yet, but I am doubt I can be the way my mother is. How they can handle so many things together, take care of the family, spend time with children, cook, clean, wash, and the same time stay as cool as they are, loving and caring. No one else in this world can replace them, and it does not matter how old we are, we become a same child when we are surrounded with our parents. I wish they will live forever.

To understand the role of my mom and how much I need to appreciate her, ( and my father as well) I want to tell you a little story from my childhood.

As I already told in my previous posts, I was born in Armenia, in small town called Martuni.
My father was a teacher of history, and my mom was lecturer in college. I was just 5 years old when Armenia got independence from Soviet Union, and the same time war has started between Armenia and Azerbaijan. During Soviet Union, we had a nice life, even though Soviet had its own problems, but my parents use to travel a lot, and bring us things which were "prohibited" in my city (like Papsi Cola- in that time it was called like this). However scene was changed  after collapse of Soviet Union. Situation in Armenia has become very critical. From one side there was a war, from other side we had a collapsed economy, no army, no constitution. Newly formed country, without anything on the hand.

As every Armenian family, my family also faced lot of problems. I was the youngest child of my family, but my sisters were teenage. They were need much more things than I would require.

My mother started to work in two places: in college and in factory.
I still remember the smell of that candles, in which lights she was doing all her accounting job, on that big and thick notebooks. And there was no calculator in that time. She was using one hand made wooden "something" with which she was doing her calculations (that "something" still exist at my home). At the same time,  taking care of us. Electricity was only for one hour, and in that one hour she was cooking, washing. Even water we were nerd to bring from outside, and with buckets take it to fourth floor. During the winter it became very hard, since temperature got down till -30. But Armenian mothers are the most "warrior" creatures, they never give up. My mom and dad have done everything for us to make our life easy, of course we also help them in home works and agriculture.

After sometime we got a land in my father's village. And yeah I was the one, with my small hands who was taking out stones from soil and putting it to the bucket, which my father was taking away, and with this way we made that land useful for agriculture, and started to grow potatoes. My sisters where elder than me, and they were doing much more difficult works than I did.

And now, when I look back to my past, I can say: " yes I have done all the agricultural works in my childhood and teenage time, but  from all of them, climbing the tree was most enjoyable".
The role of my mom did not finish with her physical help and support to us, with all that struggle she was the same loving and kind woman, on whose arms we were taking our sleeps. There is no more peaceful place in this world than being a near to your parents.
 Agricultural work was hard for whole my family, because it requiers lot of physical afford, so we could only relax in winter, when everything was covered with snow. however winter brought other problems, like water and heating.
Central heating system has gone with Soviet Union and everyone was responsible for their own home. In that time every home had kind of stove, which was used for cooking and heating as well.We were putting potato slices on the top of stove, and I was the one who was granted with most crispy slices. No any food can replace to the taste of that potatoes, which till now I remember.
Problems were a lot, but overall I had a happy childhood: surrounded with my parents and sisters love.

And this is how my generation has grown up. Now many things are changed in Armenia, and in my city as well. But my parents love has never been changed.
When I was teenage, sometimes I felt irritated when my mom was forcing me to eat more, always care jacket with me, but now I wish to be near her and eat whatever is cooked by her hand.

Always appreciate the time you spend with your parents at your home, you never know where you will be tomorrow and how you will miss that time and feeling of being princess of your parents.Those are the moments which are going to be the most sweet memories, when the time will come. You will wish to give everything, but instead to be near to your parents, but life is not so easy. 
Give your love and take their love as much as you can, since those are the people who has created your life, and no one else in this world will love you more than they do. 




Happy Mother's Day

2 comments:

  1. Liaaan i was reading and imagining all the scenes: your mom writing under the candlelight, i felt the smell of it, your dad doing agricultural work with all of you,our favourite potatoes, the warm and tension free atmosphere, cold winter,heavy snowfall, and we sitting in our warm houses eating those potatoes, watching our cartoon on the small tv screen. I remember my dad going out to the garden few times a day to cut the wood into small pieces. He was coming back home with frozen and red hands, to fire for us the wood . Aaah i went back to childhood. It was not easy ,but as kids we were enjoying, most importantly there was a real happiness, real warm relations between siblings, relatives,some kind of feeling that will never be found nowadays.

    ReplyDelete