Friday 2 September 2016

Sponge Cake


Hello everyone, today I am going to share with you sponge cake recipe. 
This is one of my favorite cake recipe, because the process is easy and includes only few ingredients. So if you have an unexpected guest, or someone's birthday at your home, this is the best option to make people happy. 
Let me tell you one secret, I got to know this recipe from one of my friend around 6 years ago, I use to make it in Armenia, and it was nice, fluffy (I use to bake it in casserole, with slow flame), but as much hard I have not tried, I could not bake it in oven. 
I started to make some changes in recipe, tried different ways, so many times no success. Finally one day in India, I try to understand what can be the problem, and decided to change the making process, and yesssss, I got it. The challenge was achieved.Now I do it only in oven and it comes very fluffy and spongy. 
So for this we will need:
  1. 6 egg 
  2. one cup of sugar
  3. one cup of flour
For starting the process you need to take two big bowls, which must be clean and dry. Please dry it well, and all the other equipments, which are going to be used during the process.


Separate egg white and yolk, and leave in different bowls.

Leave the yolk part in one side and start mixing the white part till it becomes fluffy.  
Now we can add half of the sugar in this. Let me say I have taken less than one cup, because in my opinion one cup is little more than we need. 

Half of this sugar, I will add to the white part with small small proportion. Don't put it all from once, because the white part will subside. You need to add little, then mix it, then again add a little amount and mix till all the sugar (the half of the cup) will be mixed. Continue mixing till you will get mixture, which will not flow down if you will turn the bowl.

Now this part is ready, leave it in one side, wash you mixer, dry it, take the yolk part and start mixing.

When it becomes little fluffy add another half part of the sugar with small proportions and continue mixing. When it will become white and all sugar would be solved, take your mixer out, (yolk part does not increase as much as white one).
Here you need to bring the white part and slowly mix it with yolk. Never use hand mixer here, do it slowly, part by part, mixing down to up.
Continue the process till two parts will be mixed.
Then it's time to add a flour. Since I have taken sugar less than one cup, the flour also will take accordingly.
We need to add the flour the same way as sugar and mix it slowly from down to up, till it will be all mixed (No need to mix extra, just finish it when flour is well mixed).

Preheat your oven and pen 180 C. Put some butter and  flour on the pan, then only the dough. 
Bake it 45-50 minutes without opening the oven (during the time you can slowly bring the oven to 200 C).Then gently test with toothpick if the dough is baked. If nothing stays on toothpick, it means, your cake is  ready, otherwise you can continue baking little more. But even if the cake is ready you need to leave it inside the oven (switched off ) for sometime, (10-15 minutes) then take it out.

This is how it looks, you can easily slice it to two or three layers. 
Basically I do only two layers, but when I make a fruitcake, there I use three layers with different fruits on it. With this recipe you can use any kind of cream, about which I will write in my future posts.

 Good Appetite 

No comments:

Post a Comment