Tuesday 3 January 2017

One day in Taxi, from Gurgaon to Delhi

 Hello my reader. Hope you are doing well and festive mood is still on. Here in India it does not seem to be Holidays, and specially when you are stuck in job searching process, and whole family is jobless. Its quite a funny, but same time stressful. So one of this days, with full of enthusiasm, I have gone to Gurgaon (city near to Delhi ) to participate in interview in one of the leading American company. Since HR department's representative told me that they will provide a Taxi to take me home, we have decided that I will go alone, without my husband.

I have reached the office 15 minutes before interview, and was exploring the area, since it was new place for me. First two rounds of interview has gone successful, in which I was pretty sure, and I have been told to wait for final third round, which the head of company will be taking from me. The person was not there and I was suppose to wait in reception till he arrives. I was waiting to him around three hours, and was extremely tired and hungry. Finally he "appeared" and I have been told to enter for a final round of an interview. As I was expecting, interview has taken 5 minutes, and he was asking me just same questions, which answers was already written in my CV.

I will never understand the logic of people who are calling you for interview, and you spend your time, money and energy to reach the place and then they are asking questions about things, which are clearly mentioned in your CV.

He asked me same kind of questions which I have been asked from other representatives of company, and suddenly he told me that the working hours of the company ends 11 PM, since they work with US clients and they need to be online till that time.
 I was really in shock to hear it, since I have been called many times by HR Managers, and non of them told me about this.

When interview was finished I have asked in reception about taxi to go back, and girl sitting in reception told me, that there is nothing like this, it might be misunderstanding.
 I came out from that company with full of negative emotions, because of their unprofessional working skills.

I was walking toward gate and only after sometime I realized that its already dark and really cold and I was need to order a taxi quickly. I did fast and  after sometime got call from driver who told me that he is in traffic and will reach to the place after 40 minutes. I told him I will wait, since there was no other option. After 40 minutes of waiting in outside I got a confirmation message that driver has cancelled the ride. I was so  exhausted, so angry, in my mind I was telling him all the swearing words (with all four languages which I know ) and  then I orders second taxi and was calling to driver. The ringtone was some Indian folk music, which made me more angry, and I started to literally shout on driver, that why he is not picking up the phone quickly ( later on I have apologized, but for that time I was very nervous, and the only thing in my mind was to reach home as soon as possible).

From other side driver was very calm and talking very nicely. He has reached very fast and once I sat in taxi I felt so much warm, comparing to outside cold.

The driver was around 40 years man, who was talking very nicely, but since I was already full of doubt, looking outside of window, and trying to find out if he goes in right direction or not.
 He understood why I am so worry, and told me to be calm and don't be worry , because he is a family man and he understands why I am so nervous. During that time my husband was calling every 5 minute to make sure that I am safe and everything is ok with me.

There was long way to go, and  traffic jam as well, so we started to talk with driver.
It was always interesting for me to listen drivers, because I believe those are peoples who understand more  than we can imagine, and it doesn't matter if they are educated or not, they really know many things about world.

He was telling me about his family, about his kids. how he works 16 hours to keep his family. He was telling about his beautiful wife, who was working in Delhi Police in IGI Airport, and of course there was also lot of question regarding my life: from which country I am, how I came here, what I do, how is life in my country and many more questions.
He was talking to Hindi, and I was able to understand almost everything, and same time I was replying him with my "broken" Hindi, however he was able to understand.
As he told me before, he was really a family man, and I could easily feel I how much he loves his family, his wife and kids.

 How time has flied, I don't know, I was in that car almost one and half hour. Finally I reached my home. When I was coming out from the car I don't know why this man told me one thing, that family is the most important thing in our life (even though I do think the same). Then I said a thanks for nice conversation and came out from the car.
Since he didn't have a change, my husband came down to change the money from local markets, during that time I already left and reached my home.
 When my husband came back, he said the driver has told so many good things about me.

 I will not hide my feelings, how nice I have felt from that words. Yeah, it's always nice to hear something good about you. But actually I did nothing, just only talking to him with respect.
This is how Indians are, we always listen criminal stories from India (rape cases and all), but there are also many good peoples living in this incredible country.
I have learnt one thing in my life never judge people by their nationality, religion or occupation.


Wish You All Very Happy Weekdays 

7 comments:

  1. That sounds awful! So would you recommend ordering taxi's in advance of arriving in india? I will be there for a couple of days in January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I didn't understand what was so awful?

      Delete
  2. Fascinating read. I love your writing style! Can't wait to look through your other posts and maybe pick up some recipe tips to help me with my journey this year. Also nice to see a fellow blogspot fan!
    Keep up the good work!
    -Bex
    http://my17in17.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear nice to hear such words. By the way your blog is also very nice. Waiting for new stories

      Delete
  3. Lovely write-up Liancho! Being an Indian, I really feel happy in reading this beautiful post of yours and wonderfully pointing that not every person need to be judged blindly by words say. There are amazing hearts and helpful souls in each country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for nice comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to extend my sincere appreciation to the authors for their informative blog on experiencing a one-day taxi journey from Gurgaon to Delhi. Their insights help travelers plan their itinerary. As a car rental platform, I provide individuals the opportunity to easily rent your car and earn money, offering a convenient way to earn money while providing reliable transportation for others.

    ReplyDelete