Friday 26 August 2016

Pickled Okra

Hello everyone there. Its almost one month we are together  and I am so happy that I have around 2000 view in my blog , I am very glad that my posts are interesting for people, By the time I will develop this blog and hopefully will become more professional and will include many other topics.
But as of now lets come back to our recipes.
Today I am going to share recipe for pickled okra (or okro, or gumbo, in some English speaking countries including India,  it's called ladies' fingers).
This has been made by my sister, about whom I have told in my previous posts.
 So here we go, for half litter glass jar we need:

  1.  12-13 middle size (not big) okras (which will be approximately 300 gram)
  2. one normal size tomato
  3. 2-3 cloves of garlic
  4. 2 tea spoon vinegar 
  5. 1 tea spoon of salt 
  6. whole black peppercorn
  7. bay leaf 
We take a glass jar with half liter capacity. First we put few whole black peppercorn, cloves of garlic, bay leaf and then we start to dispose the okras with vertical direction. We try to fit as much as its possible. On the top we put one tomato.

In metallic bowl we boil a half liter of water, when water comes to boiling point we add 1 tea spoon of salt and 2 tea spoon of vinegar, wait for 2 minutes and then fill it in glass jar with okras.


Put the lid on jar and take in to warm water for sterilization. When water starts to boil, wait for 10 minutes then take out, close the lid tight and put in upside-down and close with clothes. This process  makes vegetable to get marinate longer. You can take it after couple of hours. Your pickled okra is ready. Remember, this was for half liter capacity jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment