Monday 22 August 2016

Friendship in 21st Century


Few weeks ago, we were celebrating a day of friendship, and as it is a very actual topic for all the time, I have decided to dedicate my this post to it.


From psychology view, friendship is a relationship of mutual affection between people, its a stronger form of interpersonal bonds.These bonds can include characteristics like mutual understanding , compassion, sympathy, honesty, trust. This is description from science, but in real life every thing seems different.
When we were child, we understood friendship with sharing a toys and enjoying time during activities together. Thoughts sharing is difficult for children, they do it only with one, whom they recognize as a friend.

As a generation of late 1980's, the scientific view of friendship is very appropriate for my childhood. I still remember how my mom was calling me from balcony, to finish the game and come home, and though she used to do it several times, it was very hard for me to leave my friends and return home, even if it was already evening.
 I am happy, that I had a childhood where friends and games were natural, that we used to share, we used to care and even fight as natural and real child. And there were real bones between us. Unfortunately now I see new generation more connected with their computers and phones than with friends. And mothers are calling them to finish their computer games and come out from virtual world. I apologize, but nowadays I don't really understand  the type of friendship  between children. The topic which they share, all about games where they keel someone or shoot to animals (oh I forgot about driving a car).


The scene is different in student years, when we become more socialized we acquire characteristics which  will develop us as a social person. In this age we get many friends, our intercourse increases and communication becomes very important between friends. We start to share our likes and dislikes, we share our secrets, get advises and it seems that friends, whom we recognize during student years will stay with us forever. Sometime its really true and we stay connected with our friends for life long (at least for me it is like this). In my opinion, the reason behind this is  that  student time is the most beautiful and sweet for many of us. The memories from that period, we always remember with beautiful smile, and of course people who are connected with those memories can not be forgotten.
 I still remember my crazy student years: easygoing and adventurous.I can not forget the time when me with my friends used to go to Grand Candy "Ponchikanoc" or "Tashir Pizza" and enjoy our time there, or prepare exams together and  truly worry for each other's marks.Those are so sweet memories and connected with so sweet friends, whom I can not forget in my whole life.Friends, with whom we have share first love stories, emotional moments, tears and smiles.
Even though we are now far from each other, we still keep  connections and when we talk sometimes, our conversations are as honest and positive as it was before.


Living in this century, unfortunately, virtual word has its effect on me as well. Friendship in Facebook and other social accounts are popular, and I also could not escape from it. From one side its good, because it gives us opportunity to know many people, to get friends from around the world, to know about their culture and traditions. But I would have prefer few minutes of spending with my friends, seating around table with coffee cups and gossiping about the world.


Love and Peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment