Tuesday 31 January 2017

Fried Fish with My Mom's Recipe

Hello my dear reader, welcome back to my blog. Today is a last day of January, last month is left for a winter and slowly weather changes, after couple of weeks "summer" will start in Delhi.
Now let's come back to this special day, special for me, as today is my father's birthday.
 Today as never before, I wish to be near my parents, and celebrate this day with them. However, we have what we have. About my dad, I will write my special post, but today with all best wishes to my father, I want to come back and share my favorite fish recipe with you.
I am going to make fried fish with the way my mom use to cook.
For this recipe I will take:
  1. Pieces of fish  (here I take 2  Rohu fishes,)
  2. flour (1/3 cup)
  3. bay leaf (3,4)
  4. salt 
  5. red chili powder (0.5 teaspoon)
  6. black pepper  powder (0.5 teaspoon)
  7. oregano (0.5 teaspoon)
  8. oil
  9. 2 onions
  10. turmeric powder
  11. spring onion 
  12. olive 
  13. lemon (half)
  14. 2 tomatoes
First of all when we wash the fish, we salt it from inside and out. and then keep it in refrigerator for few minutes.


In large tray we mix flour (1/3 cup) with chili powder (0.5 teaspoon) and black pepper (0.5 teaspoon) chopped bay leaves (3-4), salt (1/3 teaspoon) oregano and turmeric. 



Mix it well.


Then put every piece of fish into the flour and keep a side, when frying pan is hot add oil, wait few minutes and then shift pieces into the oil. Fry them from both sides.



To remove extra oil, keep pieces on napkin. (We can fry potato slices as well.)
In plate we put chopped onion, spring onion, and tomato pieces.


Garnish with lemon and olives.


Enjoy your meal. 


2 comments:

  1. Yummm..it looks delicious :) Cant wait to try

    ReplyDelete