Sunday 18 December 2016

One day with His Holiness Dalai Lama

Hello my dear reader, Holidays are coming and positive environment is all around.
This month I want to write only inspiring and motivational post since only few days is left for Christmas and it's  time to believe miracles, and definitely  it will happen with you.
One such miracle happen to me, during this month.
Since the date I have entered to India, my dream was to be present in Dalai Lama's speech at least for five minutes, and I could not even imagine that I will be sitting in his lecture for around three hours.
It was so inspiring, unbelievable, that for few minutes I was in shock.
Then I realize that "yeah its true I am in the hall and His Holiness Dalai Lama is in front of me, lets calm down and catch up all his words, try to memorize his sentences, since the time is limited, such things happen once in a life time". If there would be any country president, I would have never feel so blessed, as it was in that day. Presidents will come and go, they are many, but His Holiness Dalai Lama is the one, one and only in the way he is: simple kind, joking and smiling.
In that point of time, I was sitting in the hall, by listening his word and suddenly my mind flew home where I was telling my father, that I have met His Holiness Dalai Lama, and telling him the words and speeches he has given.
By growing up in the family, where your father is historian, (and not only, he has excellent knowledge about geography and philosophy, about politics and art,and till now, he is about to retire but it does not stop him to get new knowledge every single day) those names has followed me during my childhood.
I grown up with the books (that time there was no internet) about Dalai Lama, Mark Twain, Martin Luther King, Gabriel Garcia Ma'rquez and many mores. Now, could you imagine my excitement when after so many years I am able to see and hear to the person about whom  I have red since my teenage years.
For me, Dalai Lama is not only religious leader (though my religion is Christianity) but also great philosopher.
Dalai Lama  is a Monk of the Gelug "Yellow Hat" school of Tibetan Buddhism. The 14th and current Dalai Lama is Tenzin Gyatzo. The name Dalai Lama is a combination of Mongolic word dalai, which means "ocean" and lama is Tibetan word which means "guru".
From 1642 until  1950's (except 1705-1750) Dalai Lamas or their regents headed the Tibetan Government.
After 1959 following the failed Tibetan uprising, 14th Dalai Lama  sought refugee in India.The Indian Primer Minister Jawaharlal Nehru allowed Dalai Lama and Tibetan Government officials to stay and live in India.
Since then, Dalai Lama lives in Dharamshala, in the state of Himachal, in northern  India, where the Central Tibetan Administration is also established.Tibetan refugees has open many schools and Buddhist temples in Dharamshala.
Being born in farmer's family in remote part of Tibet, in 1989 Dalai Lama received Nobel Peace Price and by 2013 the 14th Dalai Lama had become most popular world leader.






And in the end, I want to share with you 10 quotes of His Holiness Dalai Lama:

Give the ones you love the wings to fly, roots to come back and the reason to stay.

We can never obtain peace in the outer world,until we make peace for ourselves.

Silence is sometimes the best answer.

Know the rules well, so that you can break them effectively.

Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others, and if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

This is my simple religion. No need for temples, no need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness. 

Comparison is not a religious business, it is human business, it is not a luxury, it is essential for our peace and mental stability, it is essential for human survival. 

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

The more you are motivated by Love, the more Fearless and Free your action will be.


Wish you all happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment