Monday 8 May 2017

Soup with Mutton Balls

Hi my dear reader, today I am going to share with you long expected recipe of mutton ball soup.
This is my mother recipe, and let me say it was my favorite recipe of all time.


For this recipe we will need:
  1. 400 grams of minced mutton 
  2. 4 medium potatoes 
  3. 2 medium tomatoes
  4. 1/3 cup of  rice
  5. 1.7 litre of water
  6. one big onion
  7. Salt
  8. Black pepper 
  9. punch of coriander
  10. 2 tablespoon ghee (this mutton already had a fat )

Here I will be using already prepared minced mutton which has all the spices, onion, salt, dried greens, little flour, rice and egg inside (all the details,  you can see in my recipe post of Dolma).
Frankly said I add rice on mutton by mistake and was scared that mutton balls will get broken during the boiling process, but actually nothing happened and it was really tasty.
First of all we need to chop all vegetables and coriander as well, then fry onion in ghee for 5 minutes and add tomatoes as well.


Then we pour the water in pan, wait for few minutes till water will be warm and shift mutton balls into saucepan.




Add salt, make flame slow, close the lid and wait until meat is half cooked and then add rice and after few minutes potato. When potato and rice are cooked, switch off the flame and add chopped coriander and black pepper.


Mutton ball soup is ready...Bon appetit.


9 comments:

  1. I have not eaten mutton for so many years but I can still remember the taste. I love the recipe and I might try this during the weekend. A quick dinner menu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its one of the favorite kind of meat for me...

      Delete
  2. Oh my, this make me so hungry. It looks very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This soup looks so delicious! I got to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I haven't had lamb in years but your recipe looks so tasty, I can't wait to give it a try! Tfs!

    ReplyDelete