Tuesday 11 October 2016

Days in Paradise

One  year ago, this day, I have packed my bag and was ready for my life changing journey, journey which in that point of time was just a  dream.
Everything has started couple of months ago, when I was selected for Fellowship program in Thailand from Peace Revolution Organization.
 Yeah Fellowship, everyone in my case would have felt blessed and jumped for such opportunity, but the only feeling which I had was the fear, that what my family will say. Because it was not just a retreat, it was a program of enlightenment, illumination of your soul, purification of your mind and understanding of unconditional love, and for this purpose we were suppose to leave whole technical devices a side and forget about them for 14 days. No internet, no phone, no TV, no make up, no hair style, just a simple life style in exotic island, in the middle of Andaman sea.

 For me, such condition was more encouraging than I could imagine, however, for my family it was like a penalty. When I told my mom first time, she was requesting my husband do not allow me to go. But there is not only mother. I have a huge family and each and everyone  accused me that how could I even think about such program. My father has told me only one sentence: "just sit your place and take care about your family".
 My parents are kind of people who believe that after marriage your whole life should be dedicated to your family.They never been against to job, but they never like the idea of girls lonely traveling.

May be it would seem funny for those who use to travel a lot and explore so may destinations, but for me who does not have much traveling experience, and even those countries where I have been, I always had moral and physical support from relatives who live in that locality. But here I didn't have someone in Thailand and it was my first traveling experience there. I believe, yeah life is changed now, globalization is everywhere, and traveling new destinations are easier than before, but for families like mine, girl, alone travels a country, about which they do not have any personal experience, seems to be crazy and unacceptable. But I could understand one thing, ether now ether never.
It has taken long time till I could convince my parents about safety of program. Finally with the help of my husband they were agree.
Here I want to say thanks to my husband, who has always been supportive to me, even though he was also worry, but he understood the need of that retreat in my life.

 And finally the day has come and I was ready to move on. Even though my parents and my husband were agree, but I was sure what was going on in their mind, what about they were thinking and till the time I haven't called my mother and didn't show my room and all the other participants she was thinking that they have kidnapped me somewhere in Thailand.

 Even though my intuition was telling me that it's gonna be one of the best part of my life, but in the corner of my heart I also had a fear, I don't know about what, may be just because of leaving my comfort zone? It was kind of feeling similar to one, which I always had before exam, but once I had entered the classroom everything was gone. Same was here, once I was in airplane I forgot about everything.
 Finally I have arrived Bangkok, I easily found the representative of the program, till the time I could talk to my family and make them sure that I am good.Then we have moved from airport, it was already dark but Bangkok seemed beautiful to me.
Finally I have arrived the place, from where we were suppose to leave next evening. Comfortable and cozy place.


Then next day it started long way to the Ko Yao Noi island, 11 hours by bus and then by boat.We were  tired


but same time we enjoyed the beautiful view around the road.



Then it has open the view of sea.



And yeah, here we are, already in magic island.


Then we arrived to the sanctuary where we were supposed to spend 14 days.Here it is my room where I was living.


My roommate was beautiful Nadira from Uzbekistan.


Here was our balcony.


Everyone has brought some snacks from their countries.As I have gone from India I have taken Samosas.


Then it comes time for ice breaking activities.


Just from next morning, we started the main program...meditation.


Early Morning yoga section was the most amazing, specially when we could meet the sunrise in beautiful view point.




Program was very well organized, every single minute was spent for some activity to learn something. 
Here, we were free, without problems, without thoughts, we forgot how old we are, we could be childish 




we could be smart


but also serious


and same time relaxed.


Till now when I remember those days, smile automatically comes on my face. That island was like a heaven in this world, beautiful nature, healthy food


Cozy room in forest, where you walk up and sleep under the voice of birds and monkeys 
Good friends from around the world 


and of course the most important, guided meditation and lectures from the most intelligent monks.
And then it came last night, meditation under candle light, which has been followed with heavy rain. 



Then it came change of gifts and last words. 


The mission was over.

I came back with lot of knowledge, with clean and peaceful mind, and why not, with lots of gifts and memories about those beautiful days.  



No comments:

Post a Comment