Sunday 27 August 2017

Potato and Mutton Patties

Hello my reader, after long time I am back to my blog and ready to share with you  many new posts, as usual about each and everything. I hope you have missed me here, soon I will start regular updates as it was before, but as of now lets come back to the recipes, which I have promised to share long time ago. Sorry for long delay, I have been very busy those days. However I missed my blog so much that decided to find time and write down all those crazy thoughts,  which are there in my mind.
As you remember I have promised to share with you potato and meat patty recipe. This is my husband's favorite snack and I use to bake it often. So let's go for it.



Ingredients for dough:
  1.  2 tablespoon of yeast
  2. one cup of lukewarm milk
  3. one tea spoon of salt
  4. punch of sugar
  5. half class of water
  6. 700 gram of flour


Process:
First we mix yeast in milk and sugar, then we close it and leave it for 10 minutes.




After 10 minutes we add salt, then flour and knead the dough. When the dough is ready, close it and leave in warm place for one hour.


During this time we can start preparation for fillings.
Here I will take potatoes for people who prefer vegetarian patties and minced mutton (you can take any other meat as well)  for non-vegetarian.
 First lets prepare potato fillings. For this I will take:
  1. 5 medium potatoes 
  2. punch of coriander (chopped)
  3. one small chopped onion
  4. red chili powder (by taste)
  5. black pepper powder (by taste)
  6. salt (by taste)
First I will boil potatoes, and when it's deep boiled I will mash it and then add all above mentioned ingredients.




For non vegetarian filling I will need:
  1. one medium onion (chopped)
  2. 500 gram minced mutton
  3. punch of coriander (in my case I  did not used,) 
  4. red chilli powder (by taste)
  5. black pepper powder (by taste)
  6. 2 tablespoon of oil
  7. 0,7 teaspoon of salt (ether by taste)


Pour oil into the frying pan, wait for few minutes and then add onion. Fry for around 8 minutes in normal flame and then add minced mutton.




Close the lid and leave on slow flame till water will be coming out from meat. Then add the salt, mix and again close the lid. If the meat is kind of dry you can add 1/3 cup of boiled water. However, most of the time it will not be necessary, since meat will bring out its own fluid. In my case it has taken 40 minutes till meat was cooked, and fluid was gone. But before taking it out from the flame add pepper powders, then closed the lid, wait for 5 minutes and then only close the flame.
So now both of our fillings are ready, lets leave them a side and come back to the dough.


If dough is doubled by volume,  we divide it into 4 equal balls, cover and wait more 40 minutes. Then take the one and open with rolling pin.






The thickness of the dough should be 3- 4 mm, and shape would be oval or round.
Then we divide it to four parts and on the top of every part will put the filling accordingly.



We need to take other corner of the dough and gently cover the filling by connecting two ridges of slides, remove additional dough and then  give a shape.



Fry it in hot oil, on normal flame from both sides.


Oil should be enough, for patties to get well cooked.


After taking out from the pan you can remove extra oil from patties by putting in on tissue paper. Our patties are ready.


Enjoy it with sauce or ketchup.









8 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy
    I will love to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great snack tonhave for lunch with a nice salad. Thanks for sharing a new dish that I can try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! These look like they have such an amazing crunchy surface with juicy deliciousness inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Katelyn these are really as you have described above.

      Delete
  4. Looks yummy but isn't it an Indian version of Samosa? Anyways, I want to eat it yayy!!!

    Don't forget to check my blog as well https://www.shoutoutideas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Dear, it is not like samosa, this is made from yeast dough, samosa is made from puff pastery.

      Delete